Our work with the Medical Research Council
We're currently informing the development of a new strategy for public involvement in non-clinical and clinical health and biomedical research
As part of this work (Feb-June 2022) for the Medical Research Council we’re identifying examples of current practice and consulting with patients, researchers, members of the public, practitioners and other organisations.
We’re being supported by an External Advisory Group which brings a huge depth of knowledge, understanding and experience to help us broaden the perspectives within the project.
The members of the group are as follows
- Angela Ruddock: Public Contributor, Chair of Primary Care Research in Manchester Engagement Resource, Centre for Primary Care and Health Services Research
- Emma Dorris: Programme Manager, PPI Ignite Network at University College Dublin (UCD); Research Analytics & Impact Team, UCD Research
- Kaz Obuka: Head of Patient and Public Involvement & Equalities, NHS South West London Clinical Commissioning Group (attending in personal capacity)
- Lynn Laidlaw: Patient Advocate, Co-Investigator COVID Shielding Voices & Lay member of COVID-UK Approvals and Oversight Board.
- Natasha Ratcliffe: Director of Community Engagement & Partnerships, Couch Health (attending in personal capacity)
- Nick Hillier: Director of Communications & Engagement, Academy of Medical Sciences
- Sinduja Manohar: Public Engagement and Involvement Manager, Health Data Research UK
- Simon Wilde: Engagement Director, Genomics England
- Steve Scott: Public Engagement Lead, UK Research & Innovation
If you have any queries about this project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org